As educators, schools have a great responsibility to create awareness and promote sustainable practices. Adopting eco-friendly products and practices in schools can play a key role in achieving a sustainable future. Here are five ways that schools can adopt sustainable and eco-friendly products and practices:
- Switch to sustainable school supplies: Encourage students to use eco-friendly school supplies, such as recycled paper notebooks and refillable pens. Also, consider using electronic devices and online platforms to reduce paper consumption.
- Promote waste reduction: Adopt a waste management plan that promotes the principles of reduce, reuse, and recycle. Place recycling bins throughout the school and educate students and staff on the proper way to dispose of waste.
- Use energy-efficient technology: Use energy-efficient lighting and appliances in the school. Also, encourage students and staff to turn off electronics when not in use.
- Grow a school garden: Creating a school garden can promote sustainability while teaching students about nutrition, gardening, and the environment. Use natural pest control methods and encourage composting.
- Encourage sustainable transportation: Encourage students and staff to walk, bike, or take public transportation to school. Also, consider implementing a carpool program to reduce carbon emissions.
By adopting these practices, schools can help create a more sustainable future and inspire the next generation to care for the planet.
Product on saleUpcycled Denim School Backpack
Product on salePen/Pencil Organiser Pouch
Newspaper Color Pencil (pack of 50)₹400
Plantable Seed Pencil (Pack of 50)₹525
Eco-friendly Newspaper Color Pencils (Pack of 10)₹199
Plantable Seed Pencils (12pcs in a Tube)₹229
Newspaper Pencil (Pack of 50)₹400